Massachusetts Survivors Outreach needs your support
Everyone has a role to play in helping to end abuse and promote healing for victims. There are many ways in which you can help make a difference and you dont have to be an expert on these issues in order to help. We have listed a few ways below on a variety of ways and ideas on how you can help. Please consider participating.
Currently 100% of our organization's operating budget comes from community donations. Your donation has a direct and positive impact on all those who come through the doors seeking help and healing. All donations are most appreciated by both MASO's staff as well as those we serve including: women, children and men. We thank you in advance for your generosity!
There are many ways you can help to rebuild and heal those affected by abuse, some of which include:
- Make a Financial Donation
MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION:
No matter what size a gift, your generosity and support will make a difference. MASO depends on the generosity of our donors and your donation is an investment to healing, safety, dignity, and liberty. All donations help our organization meet the daily operating expenses, research to finding solutions to the epidemic of abuse as well as provide healing services to the children, women, and men impacted by abuse.
Your donation of
- $50 may provide for 45 minutes of holistic healing services for a group of three victims impacted by abuse.
- $150 may provide two hours of holistic healing outreach services and domestic violence intervention training for the community.
- $200 may provide ten women the opportunity to learn techniques to combat the triggers may cause symptoms such as those related to anxiety, "fight or flight", insomnia, depression, stress.
- $300 may provide two to five victims of abuse the opportunity to complete one of many classes or certification workshops for healing after abuse including self-healing.
- $1,000 may provide 10 victims of abuse an environment for healing services for six months.
- $2,000 may provide a three-day training for volunteers participating in MASO's protective parent, intimate partner violence, or family court crisis training
- $5,000 may provide certified training in the community on how to spot, work, and treat victims of abuse for eleven volunteers.
- $10,000 may provide a safe warm environment for healing for victims of abuse to come to for an entire year.
HOW YOU CAN VOLUNTEER
We are in real need for passionate driven volunteers and leaders who want to create change in our society. Please contact us and let us know how you would how you can help.
However, there are many other ways you can help us help victims of abuse. Volunteering is one of them, but we also understand many of us live very busy lives and committing to volunteering may not be feasible. So we have a few ideas on how you can help our organization you can do on your own. Here are some other ideas:
Host a Party/Community Group Drive:
Many of us like to have parties as well as many high school and college groups who like to help their local area charities. Why not host an girls night out party, a breakfast brunch, a movie night, bingo night, trivia night, bake sale, community yard sale, car wash etc where the proceeds would benefit our organization.
Make a Commemorative Gift:
Many of us know of someone affected by some form of abuse. What a great way to remember a loved one or celebrate a special event such as a graduation or a birthday, by making a special gift to MASO, in his or her name. In return, MASO will send certificate recognizing your honoree and your generosity.
Organize a Workplace Drive:
Encourage employees or colleagues to collect items on our Wish List.Volunteers from MASO would work with your workplace to help coordinate drives, including donation pick-ups.
We are always in need for assistance with a variety of administrative tasks. Volunteers are always welcome to assist with many office tasks including answering the phone and taking messages, copying, faxing, filing and word processing.
Board of Directors:
If you are interested in using your skills and expertise to help govern the organization, the board of directors may be the place for you. It is comprised of a group of men and women who oversee the organization in numerous ways: they monitor finances; raise awareness about the mission and organization; raise funds; plan events; as well as assist with many interesting and exciting short-term projects. For more information, contact Lynn at [email protected]
Like to do research? If you like to do research, and would be interested in using your research, data collection, and writing skills and expertise to help us in our mission, then a research assistant may be the place for you.